Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pumpkin Pound Cake

I apologize for the delay in posting this recipe. I am sorry to those who had promised it for their thanksgiving meal...I am lucky I even found it. I made this incredible rhubarb cake this summer and cannot for the life of me find the recipe or even remember where I found it. That is the problem with getting recipes online.

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 3/4 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin
Walnut sauce:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating just until combined. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch x 5-inch x 3-inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans then cool completely on wire racks.
For sauce, combine brwon sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over the cake. Yields 16 servings with 1 2/3 cups sauce.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger @lici@ said...

Lucky for me, I stumbled upon Naomi via the phone on Wednesday and discovered she had your recipe all along. Can you believe that girl? ;-)

My family--both sides--loved it. I have never in my life heard by grandma with such effusive praise for a baked item. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger @lici@ said...

Ummm. . .that should say "my grandma." My fingers are stuttering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home