Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Dinner


So, we had my whole family over for Christmas dinner today (December 26th) as this was our Christmas. Jesse and I both worked Christmas eve and were supposed to work Christmas night, but I got low-censused (not enough patients). So, we celebrated Christmas today. I made a traditional English Christmas dinner with a standing rib roast, roasted potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, and my sister made a mushroom lasagna (not traditional, but most Christmas food doesn't meet vegetarian standards). The desert was a new addition (I have done the same dinner for 4 years) and I made a English Trifle. It can be done many different ways, but here is how I did it.

English Trifle

Pound cake, broken into pieces
A Few Splashes of Brandy
Raspberry Jell-o (2 boxes)
Frozen raspberries
Vanilla pudding
Homemade whipped cream with sugar added
Grated Dark Chocolate

First I took the pound cake and crumbled a layer on the bottom of a glass bowl (see picture), then I poured some brandy over the cake. I then made the raspberry jell-o and poured it over the cake before it had set. I topped all this with layer of raspberries followed by vanilla pudding and then did the same thing all over again minus the pudding. Instead of the last part being pudding I topped it with whipped cream and some finely grated dark chocolate. I then put it in the fridge to let the jell-o set and that is all! It was delicious!

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger @lici@ said...

It's beautiful! I love to make trifle. . .you can make it out of leftover cake, it's always gorgeous, and it's always super-impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home