Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Warm Butternut Squash-Tangerine Soup

1/4 cup freshly squeezed and strained tangerine or orange juice
1 recipe Butternut Squash Puree (bake the squash, whole, about an hour {turn once at 30 minutes} at 350 then puree in the blender)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange zest

In a saucepan, add tangerine juice to the puree to thin. Heat slowly. If soup is too thick, add more juice until desired consistency is reached. Remember to add only a little juice at a time; it's easier to thin than thicken. To serve, garnish with a dollop of yogurt and a bit of grated tangerine zest.

Makes 2 cups.

That was the recipe; here is my take on the recipe. :-) I used a lot more juice, maybe my squash was bigger than normal, and I mixed the yogurt into the soup before giving it to Nathan. I also used the orange juice and not tangerine juice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home