Friday, February 09, 2007

Banana Nut Pancakes

This is the other recipe I've tried. They're really good. . .moist. . .chewy. . .mmmmm.

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 eggs
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup sour cream or yogurt (I used a 6 oz. vanilla yogurt, because that's what I had.)
1/4 cup sorghum (I used molasses.)

In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs; whisk in the sour cream, milk, sorghum, and banana. Stir into the dry ingredients just until blended.
Cook like pancakes. . .again.

These were great with butter and small spoonful of honey spread around, just like banana bread. I also ate them with preserves. The batter does darken as the week goes on, but it stays good. I used the last of the batter on Saturday after mixing it the previous Sunday.

I should note that this and the recipe below come from a cookbook published by War Eagle Mill in Arkansas.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home