Monday, August 25, 2008

Baked Oatmeal

This is a recipe we've enjoyed for a couple years now, one I thought I had already posted. But I can't find it, so here it is:

1 c oats
1 Tbs + 1 tsp vegetable oil, nut oil, or applesauce
1/3 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 c milk
1/3 tsp salt (or 1/4 heaping tsp)
1 tsp baking powder

Mix all ingredients. Pour in a greased baking dish (2 custard cups, muffin tins, etc.). Bake 22-30 minutes at 350, until desired texture. Serve with yogurt, fresh fruit, nuts.

I originally took this recipe from the Wittingshire blog, but it served 10. So I divided by 5, which is why some of the measurements are strange. It's a forgiving recipe, though; exactness is not really required. Sometimes I add cinnamon or nutmeg or a different flavoring, depending on the fruit I have on hand. Sometimes I also add some chopped nuts before baking. Also, walnut oil is a particularly good substitute for the vegetable oil.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home